(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
A. The Arizona early childhood development and health board consists of nine appointed members and, as non-voting ex officio members, the superintendent of public instruction, the director of the department of health services and the director of the department of economic security. The non-voting ex officio members may designate a member of their departmental staff responsible for early childhood development and health issues to participate as their representative.
B. Appointed members shall be appointed by the governor pursuant to section 38-211. The term of each appointed member is six years, to begin and end on the third Monday in January.
C. Appointments to the board shall meet the following criteria:
1. Appointed members shall have demonstrated interest and/or experience in early childhood development and health.
2. The appointed members of the board shall include residents of at least four different counties.
3. No more than four appointed members of the board may be residents of the same county.
4. No more than four appointed members of the board may be registered members of the same political party.
5. No appointed members of the board may have a substantial interest in the provision of early childhood education services, as that term is defined by Arizona’s conflict of interest law, section 38-502.
D. Each appointed member of the board shall take the oath of office before entering upon the duties of the member’s office.
E. Members of the board are immune from personal liability with respect to all acts done and actions taken in good faith within the scope of their authority during duly constituted regular and special meetings with approval of a majority of the board.