A. The department may arrange, provide and coordinate programs and services that protect children and may provide programs and services that achieve and maintain permanency on behalf of the child, strengthen the family and provide prevention, intervention and treatment for abused and neglected children.
B. If a child and the child’s family require assistance from the department, all of the following apply:
1. The health and safety of the child is the primary concern.
2. Reasonable efforts must be made to provide the assistance in the method that is least intrusive and least restrictive to the family and that is consistent with the needs of the child.
3. Reasonable efforts must be made to deliver the assistance in a culturally appropriate manner and as close as possible to the home community of the child or family requiring assistance.
C. In addition to the requirements of federal law, the case plan shall:
1. Set appropriate time limits on the services provided.
2. Clearly describe the actions the department might pursue if the family:
(a) Participates in the services outlined in the case plan and does what is required for the child to be safe in the home.
(b) Does not participate in the services outlined in the case plan and does not make the changes required for the child to be safe in the home.
D. The department shall establish procedures to ensure that appropriate services have been initiated as scheduled.
E. In determining if a case should be open for ongoing services, the department shall consider as the primary factors if there exists a present or future risk of harm to any child in the family and if services can mitigate the identified risks. Based on the investigation of the case and the results of the risk assessment, the department shall determine whether to close the case, offer voluntary child safety services or open a case for ongoing services.
F. If a case will be open for ongoing services, the department shall determine if the services are to be provided in one of the following ways:
1. Through a voluntary agreement with the department.
2. Pursuant to a petition for in-home intervention.
3. Pursuant to a petition for in-home or out-of-home dependence.