A. The department of child safety in partnership with the department of health services as joint administrators of the joint substance abuse treatment fund shall coordinate the provision of services to:
1. Parents, guardians or custodians whose substance abuse is a significant barrier to maintaining, preserving or reunifying the family.
2. Recipients of temporary assistance for needy families whose substance abuse is a significant barrier to maintaining or obtaining employment.
B. This coordination effort shall include all of the following:
1. The development of programs in communities for the provision of services to qualified persons who suffer from substance abuse.
2. The requirements for contractors who provide services in communities for qualified persons who suffer from substance abuse.
3. The method of evaluating community programs.
C. The department may contract for services prescribed in this article.
D. The joint substance abuse treatment fund is established. The director of the department of child safety and the director of the department of health services shall jointly administer the fund. Monies in the fund are continuously appropriated for the purposes prescribed in this article and are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations. Of the fund monies, the directors shall not use more than:
1. Five per cent for program development costs.
2. Ten per cent for evaluation of community programs pursuant to section 8-884.