Hardly any areas of law affect people’s lives beyond child custody and visitation.
When you have children, they are most likely the most important thing to you in your life. Now that you both are going your separate ways, you have a lot of important decisions to make. Where are they going to live? If challenges come up, how are you going to resolve them?
Parents are, from time to time, able to have negotiations concerning their child custody and visitation plan on their own. They can then work alongside a family law attorney to create a written parenting agreement.
In other situations, if expressing strong emotions, parents may require assistance in negotiating these critical agreements. A knowledgeable family law attorney is indispensable in that process. And obviously, when an agreement cannot be achieved, a child custody lawyer is going to help you bring your case to court.
This post focuses on the various ways that a family law attorney can help you in your child custody case, and how you can decide on the best child custody lawyer for you.
Get Legal Assistance Concerning Child Custody
Child custody disputes can be one of the most nerve-racking events possible. A child custody lawyer can help your case in a number of ways, comprising of:
- Clarifying what kinds of custody arrangements are plausible
- Negotiating a custody agreement based on the child’s best interests
- Counseling you as you take part in child custody mediation
- Representing you in family court
- Requesting the judge for alteration of a child custody order or creating a defense against a petitioned change
- Taking the case back to court to stop hindrance with your child custody rights
- Representing your interests when your child’s other parent wants to move to a different state
- Aiding grandparents in pursuing legal custody, in some cases
Get Legal Assistance Concerning Visitation
Whereas parents usually cooperate well to guarantee that their child gets time with each of them, from time-to-time life circumstances, honest arguments, or remaining bad feelings can inhibit child visitation. A child custody attorney can help by:
- Counseling you on your visitation rights
- Negotiating a visitation plan
- Counseling you as you mediate a challenge concerning the visitation plan
- Representing you in family court when you need to pursue an alteration of a parenting plan
- Starting legal action to stop interference with your visitation rights;
- Safeguarding unmarried fathers’ rights to visitation
- Assisting grandparents pursuing visitation rights
How a Select a Family Law Attorney
Family law attorneys are comprehensively trained in managing child custody and visitation disagreements. A lot of attorneys that choose this area of law deem it meaningful to help clients at one of the most difficult and strenuous times in their lives.
Your attorney is going to be a trusted legal adviser and advocate. It’s important to locate one that you feel content with. Whereas all lawyers have solid people skills, in no field of law is this more so than in family law. A top-tier family lawyer is going to have a combination of sensitivity to their client’s needs, skill in dealing with opposing counsel, and hardiness when safeguarding their client’s interests.
Get Legal Assistance for Your Custody and Visitation Case
Figuring out child custody and associated matters on your own can be an intimidating proposal, legally and emotionally. Your lawyer is going to counsel you, fight for you, compete with opposing counsel, and protect your rights. When you need legal help, contact a family law lawyer near you.
Staff, F. L. (2021, November 24). Get legal help with custody/visitation. Findlaw. Retrieved November 8, 2022, from https://www.findlaw.com/family/child-custody/get-legal-help-with-custody-visitation.html
Speak With Our Child Custody Attorney In Scottsdale
Our child custody and guardianship attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale will advance your case with concern and personal attention and always have you and your children’s best interest in mind when offering legal solutions.
An experienced family law attorney will work with you to obtain the best possible outcome in your situation. We advocate for our clients, so they have the brightest future possible. Give us a call today at 480-999-0800 for a free consultation.